Friday, July 1, 2011

SAYA MALAYSIAN

I lost my wallet somewhere a few weeks ago and it was pretty troublesome to not having the MyKad (the Malaysian identification card), driving license and all the atm cards in hand. For weeks I had to bring the A4 size police report to almost everywhere, and yeah for weeks I had to transfer money to colleagues' accounts before they could draw them out for me.

I just didn't have time to queue for the MyKad replacement, and for that, my application for my bank cards was denied.


And it is only today that I finally managed to find a day-off and get everything settled.

Tips for those who lost their MyKad -

1. Lodge a police report (regardless the govt and the related ministries keep telling that we no longer have to cuz we know them well, don't we? lols) as for not having it lodged, application for 'ah long's' (shark loan) financing can be made by any culprits possessing your card, and you can simply be made liable.

2. The Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara at Maju Junction Mall is open on Saturday. For weekdays, opt to Wangsa Maju branch or the Bandar Tun Razak branch. Lesser people there.

3. Do not bother to try applying it online though the Govt and the related Minister did recently announce we can do so; cuz actually the system is so antique and not functioning the way it is supposed to be. You will ended up being asked to contact some hotline numbers or to go to the nearest branch. I have tried before and yes, it was somewhat frustrating and reminded me to our tourism minister (Ng Yen Yen who spent almost RM1.8 million for her ministry's facebook page)... Hehe ;-)

4. The fees for losing your MyKad as follow -

(a) for first timer - RM110
(b) 2nd time - RM220
(c) 3rd time onwards - RM330 + akuan bersumpah needed

5. You will be given a temporary B3-sized plain-paper replacement IC and you can claim the replacement MyKad after 10 days which you need to count yourself, and to pay a guessing visit to the branch aftee 10 days. If your replacement MyKad is ready, there you go!!! But if it is yet to ready, hahaha, nasib lah... Do come again. They won't issue you any notification, that was what being told me by the officer there.


Well, with or without Mykad, I am still a Malaysian... At heart!

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.1
(Posted from my HTC... the best phone ever!)




MyKad.6.50pm.midvalleymegamall.tired

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts here!